Website Orthopaedic Institute of Southern Illinois
THE ORTHOPAEDIC INSTITUTE
Southern Illinois Division CEO
The Orthopaedic Institute is a physician owned orthopaedic practice with divisions in Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky. The Division CEO is a newly created role that will have overall responsibility for the successful development, implementation and alignment of operational, strategic and programmatic initiatives for each Division. This individual will work closely with Orthopaedic Institute’s CFO, managers, staff, providers and our community to provide the vision and leadership needed to effectively grow our thriving practice.
Orthopaedic Institute of Southern Illinois (OISI) has 11 orthopaedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, and 1 pain specialist (PM&R). Our physicians cover every area of orthopedic expertise. Many of our orthopaedic surgeons are fellowship trained in their respective subspecialties, which include foot and ankle, hand, wrist and upper extremity, neck and spine, hip, knee, total joint replacement, neurosurgery and sports medicine.
OISI has 3 clinics located in Herrin, Carbondale, and Harrisburg. The main campus is located in Herrin and provides MRI, X-ray, physical and occupational therapy, orthopaedic urgent care, casts, braces and splints. A Joint Venture outpatient surgery center with 3 operating rooms is also attached to the Herrin location. They also serve as the team physicians for Southern Illinois University and multiple high school athletic programs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Serve as a strategic leader/partner in managing business growth, including recruitment of employees and providers, with a keen focus on succession planning
• Work to develop and maintain a successful recruiting strategy to ensure OI Division secures and retains top talent throughout the organization
• Serve as a thought leader and strategic partner for management and providers regarding employee recognition and discipline, appropriate compensation, proper compliance, and effective recruiting
• Ensure integration and adoption of culture and business vision throughout the company
• Assisting the Board of Directors with governance of the Division.
• Overseeing Division growth and management of this growth including heavy emphasis on execution of the strategic initiatives.
• Serving as the Administrative leader for the joint venture outpatient surgery center.
• Managing provider owned real estate holdings that house the practice and surgery center.
• Utilizing data and analytics to assist the physicians in decision making
• Ensuring sound operational performance, guiding the practice through the ever-changing health care environment and working on a daily basis with physician leadership and managers.
• Working closely with the CFO who oversees accounting, purchasing, IT/EHR, human resources, and compliance.
• Collaborating with the CEO from the other Division in exchanging ideas and best practices.
• Developing and managing relationships with external partners and stakeholders; hospitals, referring practices, insurance companies, other specialty and orthopedic groups in conjunction with the Executive Committee
• Keen financial and business acumen
• Strategic thinker
• Keeper of the culture
• Effective and respected leader
• Results driven
• Proven problem solver/analyst
• Shepard of collaboration and interpersonal skill
• Astute with computer software applications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 7 years of demonstrated successful leadership experience in medical group or comparable healthcare environment
• Experience in financial planning and analysis
• Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration, master’s degree preferred
A track record of successfully managing the operations of a complex health care entity is essential, as is possession of the leadership skills to guide and motivate members of the staff. An advanced degree in health care administration, business or financial operations as well as seven years of executive-level experience is preferred. Prior medical group practice experience and orthopedic group practice operations experience would be ideal. Strong leaders with high-level communication, analytical and leadership skills are encouraged to apply. Excellent salary and benefits, as well as a relocation package will be offered.
Please send your résumé via e-mail:
Attn: Patrick Reid